Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

February 07, 2012

Another Competition ...

Last year I seemed to have got the bug for entering competitions. 
A few days ago I showed you a card that I entered into one of them ... and I didn't win.

         Well this is another card I sent to yet another magazine and ....




                            ... I din't win this either (Sob! sob!)

 But at least I had a try ... and I thought this card was so lovely.

I was so pleased with the end result that I did a video on how to make this Mosaic Card  and it uses some gilding flakes  and a piece of double sided adhesive sheet to  get the result.

Much prettier in real life than the photo shows.

The image and the sentiment are from Lili of the Valley  and their stamps are utterly gorgeous. You will be spoilt for choice if you visit so be warned.

The flowers and the pins are from  Wild Orchid Crafts  and are such a beautiful addition to any card

But I also entered yet another competition with these three card projects and this time I was ....




 ..... no not the winner ... but one of the Runners up!! And guess who was really pleased with herself.

I went around with a smile on my face for days and showed the picture of my cards, in the magazine, to anybody that would take take a look.

Even the postman was treated to this exclusive look at my cards.... I think he thought I was mad!

And again Lili of the Valley stamps for the rabbits and the child and the Poppies are from Clarity Stamp  ... Another website with an amazing array of stamps.

So maybe this year will see me entering all over again and who knows what will happen this time.

Hugs Christina xx






4 comments:

  1. All cards are very pretty :)
    I like your sense of humour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look great Christina. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually came here to say what Joanna said, you made me laugh several times..
    runner up! Wow! I love them all and would love to make one similar to the one you have out front.. do you have a tutorial on this one?? (The pink and blue one where the little girl is watering the plant.) Soo cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The image is from Lili of the Valley and there are instructions to make the card in Rocking Card Tutorial in the Video Tutorials section.

      Delete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...