Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

February 23, 2012

Felt Flowers

I am sure you know by now that I love to add flowers to my cards whenever I can ...  and so this morning I bought lots of felt squares in different colours.  It was not expensive (47pence) and each sheet is about the size of A4 card ... so not a bad price!


With the help of the Spellbinder Spiral Blossom  I set to and cut out flowers in most of the colours and leaves from the Foliage dies in the two shades of green .


I was very pleased with the result and used my hot glue gun to hold the flowers together ... but if you don't have one then a few stitches will keep them in place. 

On some of them I have gone around the edge with glitter glue and left it to dry and that gives a really pretty effect.



And this is the card I made with one of the flowers tucked in place along some satin ribbon.

I have added a bow and there is a piece of  Card Candi added to the centre to neaten the knot.

A miniature tag tucked under the flowers says "With Love" and then I added the  Pearls  along the edges as a finishing touch. 

A card that is very feminine and "Mothers Day" is just around the corner.

Hugs Christina xx


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I am definitely going to have to get myself those dies to use in my cuttlebug. Working on getting the grand calibur, but I can do quite a bit of those things on my Pazzle Inspiration or my cricut too. Just won't be embossed. :(

    You do definitely inspire me!

    Have a wonderful day Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous, gorgeous card!! I love the Spellbinders!! And the flowers are so beautiful :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another brilliant card and the flowers are Gorgeous , i heard Sue Wilson saying on C&C yesterday that the cheaper option of felt didnt work , but you have proved her wrong on that.Think this will be on my list of have to have ago at .that list is getting longer by the minute since i found your website lol.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card. Thanks for sharing.

    Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Christina these look great. I never thought of putting felt in my CB with a spellbinder but I,m going to try it now. I,m like you with my flowers, I love making them and I have that die too but find it makes flowers abit too deep (only good if putting card in a box) if you know what I mean.
    I see Naomin has been singing your praises too on her blog. Great. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...