Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

April 24, 2013

Easy Cards ...


Hi Everybody,

I enjoy making cards that are easy to create and yet still have a really good look and feel to them and this one just adds a really simple hinge to join the back and front of the base card.

It  is the topic used in the video Create a Hinged Card  which just allows you to make cards that are larger than merely folding card  stock in half.

And once created you can use the card any way round that you wish.  I have used these with the hinge at the top.

For this I have used the Matting Basics A and B to give me the layers to my design ... and I have embossed the spotty layer.

The rose has been created following the Paper Roses  tutorial which will show you how to get realistic looking blooms for your cards.

This Rose has been taken a step further and the   Enamelled  Rose Tutorial  will show you how.

Get out those melting pots and try this for yourself ... and if you don't have a melting pot then use a pie dish as I did for the video. You don't have to eat a lot of pies to get the dish though .... they can be bought empty in the supermarket.

More tomorrow

Hugs xx







4 comments:

  1. Hi Christina, another beautiful card. I certainly going to be giving it a go at making the roses. Thank you for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for another great video Christina. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!! And the flower is stunning!! What a gorgeous card, Christina!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just watched your hinged card video. .Thank you for that... They are so clever, simple and elegant

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...