Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

July 23, 2014

Single flower

Hi Everybody,

 There are lots of different elements to this card that has been matted and layered with white and turquoise

I have made it to the  Hinged card   style using the Matting Basics A & B ... but added the hinge on the long side so that it is a landscape card

The bottom layer has been embossed with the 3-D embossing folder called Oval Accent and I have used the  Letterpress Technique   with Broken China Distress Ink

The next layer has been cut with Romantic Rectangles Two and added with foam pads to give dimension.

I have then added in another of the Tranquil Moments shapes and on top of that with the sentiment I have used the Elegant Ovals.

I bought the sentiment at a craft show and couldn't remember where it was from ... and then Karen Gibson  has very kindly left me the link to the suppliers on Facebook.  It is one in a collection called  "Say it With Flowers" from Card-io  ...  Thank you so much Karen for the link

The ribbon is some lovely soft Gingham from  Mei Flower    The flower is created from Blossoms Five and added to the flourish that is Bella Rose.

The flower has been sparkled with   Glitter Magic  and makes a really pretty focal point


More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx



19 comments:

  1. lovely card Christina, love the gingham ribbon
    Yeserday I scoured our local material and craft shops and was able to track down some gingham ribbon. I was so happy as I have been looking for ages to no avail. Now at last they have some in stock in a variety of colours. Today I shall be using some of them take care, hugs Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Christina. I have been on holiday so now I must look back and see the cards that I missed. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very pretty. like all your cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Christina...Loire gorgeous dies love the blue and white with a splash of yellow

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all the layers and Style Christina, just beautiful.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christina
    Another stunning creation from you. I shall be trying the hinged card technique, when I can find the dies in stock. I love it on its side.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Christine,
    Love the card, but for me the rose is the wrong colour it seems to dominate the card. Sorry.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm, another comment that disappeared lol. I was saying how much I love the colors you chose, then added the highlight yellow sparkly flower! Very beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A pretty card- again. I like the contrasting colour of the flower myself. I tried the hinge card method but I guess I need more practice as it didn't look so neat along the too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply gorgeous card as always beautiful design and full of lots of lovely details x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Christina, I really must try the hinged card idea. I keep meaning to do it but just haven't got round to it. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow all those layers, it is so beautiful...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice card...I like that layout of the card and the color...
    Well done Christina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Christina
    Such a stunning and delicate looking card really beautiful love it.
    Hugs
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card but not sure I like the yellow flower instead of pink or blue. Love the landscape design.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Since I started following you on YouTube I'm hooked on the hinged cards so I'm glad you're feeding my addiction, Christina :). What a fantastic big yellow flower, it certainly sets off all the great layers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card Christina, beautiful bright colours. Dianne Crowe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Christina but I,m not too sure of the big yellow flower with the turquoise xxxxx,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another beautiful card, but think I'm too late. I have tried to send twice, but keep having to log in again and I can't see my comments! Never mind maybe next time... X

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...