Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

February 19, 2015

Rosette Blooms ...

Hi Everybody

This simple card is created  as a smaller sized card using  A2 Matting Basics 

I have embossed the top layer with the  Bricks and Bark  embossing folder from Spellbinders just to add more texture to my design

I have been asked how I join the two base card pieces together ... there is a video to show you what I do and I always use a wet glue for a stronger bond

Double sided tape tends to dry out after a while and the card will start to come apart

And although in the tutorial I am using the 5x7 the principal is the same  ...  Hinged Card Style   whichever of the matting basics that you use

And if you are wondering why you would need two sets of dies that look identical  ... here is another tutorial which explains that they are not the same at all ... Spellbinders Matting Basics

I have hand cut the banner shape and topped it with the Rosette Blooms   from the  Celebrations Collection from Spellbinders

The pink ribbon has just been tied into a bow behind the bloom and some pearls added around the tag

A quick and easy card to make or keep in your "Ready To Go " box for any of those unexpected occasions when somebody needs a card in a hurry.  Add any sentiment you have to suit and there you go ...

Just A Note ...

I was due to be on Create and Craft next week but I will not be there.  It is Pats' funeral on Tuesday and I will be attending to say my final Goodbyes to my very dear friend.  

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

26 comments:

  1. very pretty card Christina. so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. you are in our thoughts. loving hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, it's beautiful.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love it Christina, such an elegant card.
    Mmmmm!! I feel a couple,of purchases coming on especially the Rosette Blooms
    Have a good day

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina, very pretty simple card and could be done in many different colours to suit the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Christine,
    Lovely CAS card, very pretty.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christina, love this card I would never think of putting those colours together but they look really good. Will be thinking of you on Tuesday.
    Kind regards
    Anne Owens

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Christina what a beautiful card I love the colours and the design is wonderful. xx

    Debs xx
    {Debs Cards– my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Christina, my thoughts are with you as you say your goodbyes to your dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christina sorry to hear that we won't be seeing you next week, but hope to see you very soon. A sad day for you and will keep you in my thoughts xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A simple card which could be for any occasion. don't have Rosette blooms die, but might try using your pleated card tutorial I found a little while back and see if that works .
    I have just completed the card I made from the pleated card tutorial and hope to get it into your gallery soon.
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! I love the simplicity of this card. Still has your Flair! Praying for comfort in time of loss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry for the loss of your dear friend! Will be sending comforting thoughts and prayers your way!
    A simple yet beautiful card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful Christiana. Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are thinking of you at this sad time Christina....Your card is beautiful, I have just purchased both sets of the matting basics and they work together so well, how did I envy get by without them !!!! Luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear about your best friend passing away. Not a very happy time for you and her family. This card looks like a really fun idea. Take care and thanks for sharing. Dianne Crowe

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card, love the pink against the gold. So sorry about your dear driend x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A different card to your usual ones but equally effective! Take care - see you on C&C when you are ready to face the world again. Love and a hug xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. easier but still very effective, a must. My thoughts are with you Diana

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Christina
    What a stunning card, and I love the rosette die. Must have a look at that in a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty! The embossed background looks fabulous and love the rosette!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Christina, lovely card and colours, must get my A2 dies out and give this idea a go.
    Will be thinking of you next week, take care.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely clean and simple design, love it! My sympathy on the loss of your friend. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Christina,
    Great card, love the embossing folder.
    Di B x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like a fun card.

    Sue
    rolfe974@prodigy.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very pretty Christina, love the embossed background, colors and fun design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...