Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

February 02, 2015

Treat Toppers

Hi Everybody,

First I would like to say a BIG thank you to my American readers who have been watching the "Live" US Create and Craft shows  and then taken the time to email me and tell me that they have enjoyed the shows.

It is very heart warming to know that you are there and really lovely to read the comments. It is quite an experience for me as the shows are slightly different ... but although nervous I am enjoying it immensely. I am back on UK Create and Craft on Tuesday and Wednesday  this week

This little card is not a very good picture but that is my fault as it was going dark and I was in a hurry to get  all the cards photographed.

But it uses a little die from the Celebrations Collection  from Spellbinders

It is called   Treat Toppers  and it creates the prettiest little windmills for your card.

Here I have made two from double sided  patterned card that is also from the same collection.

I have  added in paper swirls to represent the strings from the windmills

In the centre I have added a  pearl Brad  and added them to the card with foam tape to create different levels.

I created my  card base and the  double frame from the  Pierced Rectangles   from the same collection and these will give you the look of a pierced edge without the hard work of doing it yourself

So no ribbons, flowers or pearls on this card but still a neat little card to give and could be for any occasion

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

24 comments:

  1. very cute card but so different from your usual style. were you tempted to add a flower,ribbon or pearl. the paper is nice too. crafty hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flowers, ribbons and pearls on a layered card and hope we can see some more of these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Christina love the pinwheels

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this card is so cute and festive. Very fun to give. Well done as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Christina. A very 'Happy' Card. Makes one remember childhood with the spots on my dresses I wore at the seaside, and of course the windmills spinning when our family walked along the Promenade. Thank you for bringing back my happy childhood memories. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christina, this is a lovely card, yes it is a bit different from your usual designs but hey a change is as good as a rest as they say , still love it! Looking forward to yor shows.
    Regards Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Christian,
    A really lovely fun card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christina
    Still a lovely card but prefer your usual ones.
    Love & best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice, fun card. With the right colours would be great for that difficult recipient, the young boy.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once again a lovely card,
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very unusual card for Christina, but one a child would like I'm sure.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning, Christina. What a fun card for a chilly Monday morning. I love things like this. I do teabag folding but have never tried a pin wheel...I wouldn't have to worry about making sure I cut it out properly with this die would I. I love it :). x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christina, this is such a great card, love the colour and the DS paper. Different from your usual style, but great to have in your other cards. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Christina. Variety is the spice of Life and I'm glad you show us all kinds of styles. I agree with Jean and Janice. This card is Fun and Festive and would be perfect for a little boy or little girl, whichever color (colour - when in Rome) you use. I loved the paper swirls. In fact, I thought it was ribbon at first. This is a wonderful interpretation of this die. Love it! Thank you so much for sharing. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely different from your normal style Christina, a cool card for cool kids I think. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulously fun card Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ready for Celebrations with all those whirly windmills.

    Sue
    rolfe974@prodigy.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Christina what a beautiful card I love it and the design is wonderful.
    Debs xx

    {Debs Cards– my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  19. This one isn't my style but I recently searched your tutorials for "men" cards and discovered the shirt tutorial. After a bit of a struggle I got the hang of it and I'm now on a roll making various sizes - Janice W - could be just the job for boy cards as well!! Thanks Christina x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Christina
    Such a lovely card. I have these dies, but yours look bigger than mine Christina.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great looking card for a birthday...it is for sure to put a smaile on someone face
    Well done Christina
    Have fun on C&C show

    ReplyDelete
  22. Something very different for you, but it is lovely...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. So beautiful Christina is your card x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...