Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

February 17, 2015

Tuesday Tutorial - Border Dies

Hi Everybody,

Border dies are a useful addition to your crafty "Stash" as they can give you some really pleasing effects very quickly

For this card I have used the Scalloped Borders Three  but although there are different patterns and styles to each of the sets  they all work in basically the same way

I have also used Sentiments Three for this card but take a look at some of the others as you are sure to find some that will suit your needs


For the base cut two #7  5x7 Matting Basics A  in white

With a color of your choice  cut one #7 5x7 Matting Basics B

I have embossed this colored layer with the double sided  Garden Lattice A4 folder



Cut two more layers in white with the  #7 from 5x7 Matting Basics B

With  your choice of  Border Dies  ... add one cutting edge and one patterned piece from the set to one of these white layers

Tape securely in place so that the dies will not cross over and run it through the machine

And at the other side you will have two pieces of card with the pattern in one of them


Emboss the second white piece  of card with an embossing folder and then tape just the cutting edge to this layer

This will give you another layer that is now divided into two and this will be embossed also but will not have the cut out pattern in it


Now you need to layer them altogether so that you have a staggered look.

I have used foam tape and placed the embossed layer on the top of the lacy layer so that the pattern can be seen.

Trim the card at the top and bottom as you need to give you a neat finish and make all the card level.

Once you have wrapped ribbon around these layers add them to the base card and embellish as you would like.

I have added a simple sentiment, a bow and some pearls and that's it

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

31 comments:

  1. very beautiful and a great idea. thanks for lesson. crafty hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love it.
    Thank you for the easy to follow Tutorial, will have a go soon.
    I keep forgetting about my Border Dies.
    Have a good day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card today, I really don't use my border dies as much as I could so this might change that!

    I had a lovely email off Phillipa thanking me for the christmas cards I had sent, I was glad to hear it was a success.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina, I do like today's tutorial really simple and quick but so pretty, thanks Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christina
    Love the card and the idea. I have one of the other scalloped border dies so will have a go and adapt accordingly. Thanks for the tutorial.
    Love & best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Christenia what a stunning card I love the colours and the design is wonderful. xx

    Debs xx
    {Debs Cards– my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Christine,
    Lovely card, and a great tutorial, thank you.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card Christina and thank you for the tutorial

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the tutorial Christina, very useful, lovely card today. Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the card you made using these dies Christina. I have sets one and two that I bought after I saw your youtube video making a lovely card with a curvy opening on the front. There are so many things that can be done with these dies. Thanks for showing us this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this color. Thanks Christina for sharing your talent! Love, love, love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning Christina. A beautiful card this morning and a wonderful tutorial, as well. Thank you so much for sharing and adding such beauty to my day. I'm sooooo ready for spring/summer. It's three degrees here in Gaylord, Michigan. But on the other hand, we've had a bit of sunshine lately, which has really helped. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to see a card which uses only 1 die, and especially the Border.die. This is something one would never think of, just shows, cards don't have to be elaborate to look effective.
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Christina, thanks for the tutorial, something I do struggle with at times, getting them to line up....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning Christina! Gorgeous design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, thanks for the tutorial. Have to see what I can come up with using the supplies I have available. Dianne Crowe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another good idea. I have scalloped borders 3 and must admit have rarely used them. I have a birthday card to make tonight so I will give them an airing. Thanks Christina xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is awesome! I am just getting started using my border dies for more than borders and this gives me some new ideas! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful card made with the border dies. Love the lilac embossed paper.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you Christina for a beautiful card tutorial, Mavis xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Christina, another beautiful card and tutorial, thank you. Will give this a go, I have a set of the curved border 2 dies, thanks for the ideas.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Christina beautiful colour and love the tutorial.
    Thank you
    Kind regards
    Anne Owens

    ReplyDelete
  23. So creative your card is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great looking card and I like how you shown how to use the boarder die
    such a great idea....
    Well done Christina

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Christina, thank for sharing what else we can use our
    border dies for. The card is gorgeous,love the colour
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Christina
    What a stunning card. Thanks for reminding us that we can just use the borders to make a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Christina,
    Love the card and the colour, beautiful. Thank you for showing ideas for using the dies, it is great to see the different ways they can be used.
    Di B x

    ReplyDelete
  28. why didn't i think of that!! my border dies have lain in my box unused for years as they were too short for a card I never thought of using them across the way silly me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Christina. I have just purchased a Spellbinders border not the same but will do, so I hope to have a go at a card with it, thank you so much for your lesson, and what a beautiful card, you are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful card and great tutorial. Well done. I pinned. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765606930336/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely card Christina, am going to give this a go now although I don't have the matting dies have been thinking of getting them!! one small question though how did you join the main card together, was it with the folded strip in between or just scored on the back one and stuck with double sided tape?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...