Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

February 24, 2015

Tuesday Tutorial - Gold Majesty Circles

Hi Everybody,

When Spellbinders introduced the concept of the Imperial Gold dies it was a completely new idea to the world of die cutting.

With these dies you had not only the ability to cut and emboss but now you could also deboss the design into the card for a really special look.

For this card I have used mirror card and placed a matching hatpin into the bow.

For the base  cut two #7  5x7 Matting Basics A   in white (#1 being the smallest)

In the color f your choice cut 1  #7 5x7 Matting Basics B  and between this layer and the base card I hand cut another really thin edged layer in mirror card

In a patterned card cut one #6 5x7 Matting Basics A ... I used the spotty card

This video  tutorial explains why I like to make my cards in  this particular way ...  Create a Hinged Card


With  Gold Majesty Circles  #6  cut  and emboss the base layer from Mirror  card

Then  place the dies #4  #5  #6  together on your card and cut and emboss.

You can use  a magnetic sheet to hold these dies in place as you need to make sure that they  will not slip and cross each other or you will ruin the cutting edge

These three will create the frame shown and will give you a lovely deep impression in your card

Place foam pads on the wrong side of this frame and use the wider areas so that they wont be seen.

Add this frame to the mirror card base you cut previously
Layer up the mirror card, colored card and patterned card and use foam pads between the bottom layer and the base card.

Now before I add mine I wrapped ribbon around them so that it will be hidden inside the layers.

I added foam tape to the shaped layers and then added them to my base.

I inked the edges of a sentiment that has been cut into a plain circle and then added it to a Scalloped circle.

I used foam pads behind this and placed into the centre aperture onto the mirror card.

Then with a neatly tied bow with a Hatpin and some gemstones around the edge of the frame I think this is a really pretty card.

The large dazzler has been added to the knot and some flowers are my finishing touch,

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx









26 comments:

  1. Hi Christina, a very impressive card. I love the way you've used the die along with the mirror card. Very pretty die and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Christina, Such a stunning Vibrant card to start the day. I love my daily 'Boost' I get from seeing your beautiful card makes. Thank you Christina, have a lovely day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christina, love this card it is truly beautiful. A lovely die and the design is gorgeous, so many brilliant ideas for stunning cards.
    Will be thinking of you today, and saying a little prayer.
    Kind regards
    Anne Owens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Christina, Wow what a difference embossing makes, the design around the mirror is so deeply embossed, it shows off perfectly just what Gold dies do. Thanks for reminding me, as I have a lovely set which I use the basics often but the gold ones rarely. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christina
    Another beautiful card. I love the die sets where a solid base can also be cut - they are so versatile.
    Love & best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Christina just love the blue tones and of course those gorgeous dies


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning card with the mirror card look and the beautiful dies. big hugs for you at this sad time. you are in our thoughts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful embossing Christina, so rich looking. Love the turquoise too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Christina. Beautiful card this morning and love the color! It really has the Ooooo and Ahhhhh factor. Thank you for starting my day with a cuppa beauty. Wishing you a day of comfort, strength, love, family and friends. Big Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christina
    Another stunning card today. I love these type of dies, they are all so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so helpful, as these sets can be a bit intimidating to me! Thank you for sharing such great tips. Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Christina and lovely embossing work and the design is wonderful. xx
    Debs xx
    {Debs Cards– my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christina,
    Great tutorial and lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Christina, I am a big Fan of your work and have been following you of like 4 years now. Love what you do. great inspiration. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORGEOUS!!! Could you please tell me what brand and color the mirror card is and the blue cardstock also. I am in love with them and must get them for myself!!! TY!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card,love what you've done with the die and use of the mirri card x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good afternoon Christina - I love this card as I do all your cards, you are a great inspiration to us all. Thank you. Have a Nice Day Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Christina,
    What a beautiful card and a wonderful die set. I think this one is now firmly on my wish list. Thanks for the easy to follow lesson. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Christina, beautiful card I love blue!! Well Christina another die at add to my list of I need that!, thanks for the tutorial.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cheerful card today, love the colours. That die is beautiful on the mirror image. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow Christina, this is stunning. Gorgeous colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty and so elegant Christina is your card x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a lovely card and a great tutorial on how it was done...
    Thank you and well done Christina

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another wonderful card. So pretty!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so beautiful! Love the use of the mirror card.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...